Euroquipe is Chicago’s far west suburb’s leading independent automotive repair facility specializing in BMW, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Audi and other high end European vehicles.
We are currently looking for an experienced journeyman automotive technician with at least 3 years dealership level or equivalent experience to join our talented team of professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle diagnosis; repair and maintenance as assigned in accordance with company and manufacture standards.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with company and manufacture standards
- Communicate with advisor to obtain needed parts, inform team leader if vehicle is awaiting parts and pursue special order of parts if necessary
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by customer
- Save and tag parts if requested by customer
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised
- Document work performed on each vehicle on the repair order using the concern, cause and correction format
- Road-test vehicles to check work performed
- Ensure that customer vehicles are returned to them as clean as they were prior to being serviced
- Attend company funded training classes
- Keep shop area neat clean and be able to account for all company owned tools at all times
- Understand and follow federal, state and locate regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the company’s vision, mission and values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- General mechanical skills as outlined above
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Professional appearance
- Manual dexterity, good judgment and ability to operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely
- Three years of work experience as an automotive technician (preferred)
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- ASE certification (preferred)
- Must have technical aptitude displayed by ASE certification or successful completion of pre-employment test
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical or trade school degree preferred
- At Euroquipe you’ll find a clean friendly and well equipped work environment with a very competitive income potential, training, paid holidays, vacation and health insurance benefit.
CONVENIENTLY LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN ST. CHARLES, ILLINOIS
For your convenience we offer travel service to & from the Metra station. We also have discounted rental vehicles should your repair take longer than expected.
601 Sidwell Ct., Suite J
St. Charles, IL
Monday – Friday 7AM – 6PM